1. INTRODUCTIONThis Statement is made by us in light of the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998, and our responsibilities to you as your “Data Controller”.
2. CONSENTYour participation in any promotion or competition offered by us is subject to the following:
By accessing this Website, you shall be regarded as having had sufficient notice of the contents of this Statement.
Your use of this Website and your submission of any Personal Data to us shall constitute your consent to allow us to process your Personal Data in accordance with the terms of this Statement.
3. OPT-OUTIf you have submitted your Personal Data, and later decide that you would like us to discontinue processing your Personal Data, you can choose to “opt-out”.
To opt-out, please send an electronic mail headed “OPT-OUT” to us at STAY@YORKPRIORY.COM specifying the processing activities you would like us to refrain from. Upon receipt of a written opt-out, we shall discontinue processing your Personal Data as requested.
Any reference to “Personal Data” shall mean any personal information (including sensitive personal data) that is capable of identifying you. This information may include your name, address, telephone number, fax number or e-mail address.
Any reference to “Website” shall be a reference to the website provided by us which is yorkpriory.com.
5. INFORMATION WHICH MAY BE COLLECTEDPersonal Data may be requested by us, or voluntarily forwarded by you through one of several electronic mail hypertext links or contact forms, present in the body of this Website.
6. SENSITIVE PERSONAL DATAWe shall not request, collect or process any Personal Data of a sensitive nature from you, without first obtaining your express written consent.
7. COOKIESIn order that we can monitor and improve this Website, we may gather certain information about you when you use it, including details of your domain name and IP address, operating system, browser, version, and the web site that you visited prior to our site. We may do this by way of a “cookie”.
A cookie is an element of data that our Website can send to your browser, which may then store it on your system.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies. You do not have to accept cookies, and you should read the information that came with your browser software to see how you can set up your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie.
Any disablement of the cookies function may hinder some of the Website functionality, for which we shall not be responsible.
8. USE OF PERSONAL DATAThe Personal Data collected by us from you may be utilised by us to:
* Process any orders and payments made by you.
* Fulfil any such orders and administer your account.
* Pass information about you to our agents and employees to carry out services for us.
* Notify you about enhancements to our services such as: functionality changes to the website, new services and special features, and offers or competitions we think you will find interesting.
* Market our products and services and those of any third parties.
* Contact you by mail, telephone, email, text message, or any other reasonable method.
9. DISCLOSURE AND USE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA BY THIRD PARTIESWe will only disclose your Personal Data to carefully selected third parties and organisations for marketing purpose, if you have opted-in to allow us to do so.
We may allow other people and organisations to use information we hold about you for the purpose of providing services you have asked for, or as part of the process of selling one or more of our businesses.
We may also disclose information to legal and debt recovery representatives for debt collection and debt tracing purposes.
We may also disclose Personal Data if required to do so by law or in the good-faith and belief that such action is necessary to:
* Confirm to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on us;
* Protect and defend our the rights or property;
* Act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of other users of the Website or the public.
10. TRANSFERSSometimes we may need to transfer your Personal Data to countries which do not provide the same level of data protection as the United Kingdom. If we do need to make such a transfer, then we shall put a contract in place so as to ensure that the Personal Data is adequately protected.
11. DATA SECURITYWe always take appropriate measures to safeguard the Personal Data we holds from unauthorised access or improper use.
We a strict internal security policy with which our employees must comply as a condition of their employment with us.
12. ADMINISTRATIONAny enquiries regarding this policy must be directed in writing for the attention of our data protection compliance officer.
Under the Data Protection Act 1998, you have the right to request details of your Personal Data held or processed by us.
Please send such requests in writing to the address above, marked for the attention of the Data Protection Compliance Officer. Any request must be accompanied by the statutory administration fee of £10.00.
If you believe that any information held by us is incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete, then you must write without delay to our Data Protection Compliance Officer, highlighting the corrective action to be taken. If any information is found to be incorrect, it shall be corrected promptly.
Details of our data protection compliance officer are recorded below;
The York Priory Guesthouse
Telephone: 01904 625 280
The York Priory Guesthouse
126 – 128 Fulford Road York